DiXiT Convention "Digital Editions: Academia, Society, Cultural Heritage"
Call for papers
The Cologne Center for eHumanities is organizing the second DiXiT convention, taking place 16-18 March 2015 in Cologne, Germany. The conference will be preceded by a day dedicated to workshops on:
* Publishing Models for Digital Scholarly Editions
* Aggregation of Digital Cultural Content and Metadata Mapping
* XML-Free Scholarly Editing
The convention organizers invite contributions from everyone working in the field of scholarly editing and its neighbouring areas. Early career scholars are welcome.
While the convention is open to any research about digital scholarly editing, the focus will be on its relation to academia, society and cultural heritage. As such, topics for the sessions may especially include:
* textual criticism and the future of the high standard critical edition
* open/public knowledge: mutual benefit for academia & society
* social editing, crowdsourcing, citizen science
* issues of rights and ethics related to scholarly editions
* scholarly curation and usage of cultural heritage data
* museums, libraries & archives as data providers for the edition
* dissemination, sustainability and addressability of digital heritage assets
* publishing the edition and the role of publishers
* editors and the job market: career prospects
* and others
We encourage exploratory papers and posters.
We invite proposals for papers and posters.
In the case of papers, speakers will be given 20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion.
We ask those interested in presenting a paper or poster to email their proposal to
The proposal should include:
* name and email of the presenter
* title of the paper
* abstract (ca. 400 words)
The deadline for submission is 16 October 2015. A decision about acceptance and the subsequent notifications will be made in early December 2015.
Information about registration for the convention and workshops will follow.
Every announcement can be found on the DiXiT website: http://dixit.uni-koeln.de/.